View Single Post
Old 27th June 2008, 11:44 AM

Monty’s deleted comment regarding alternative fuels is spot on. Biofuels and other power alternatives need to be investigated and fast...I have personally seen advances in alternative fuels canned due to not my problem or not in my back yard mentalities.

From an aviation perspective, the time has arrived when airlines will shut down because they cannot sustain services on lean profits, or continue to sustain temporary losses. As we have seen, airlines are now looking at generating alternative revenue (i.e. non fuel related activities such as food and drink, 'services' like booking fees,) These are easy ways to raise money without additional cost, charging for what used to be free. Unfortunately, the traveling public will not like it, but I feel it is a given that the industry will go down this path. You can only cut so far without raising prices before your product starts to suffer, yet some will say that these alternative charges will harm the product anyway.

Just think about this though.

I cannot see how the cost of oil production has risen; therefore someone is getting very rich out of all of this