View Single Post
Old 9th December 2012, 04:12 PM

DAY 3: NOVEMBER 26: SYDNEY TO AUCKLAND

SYDNEY AIRPORT

We caught a shuttle bus from the hotel to the international at about 5:30am. We then went to the Emirates check-in desks to check-in for the flight over to Auckland. No problems checking in so we then proceeded through security and customs. We grabbed some breakfast and did a bit of spotting, unfortunately the weather was awful for photography and I accidently switched settings so my photos didn’t turn out very good. It was just the normal stuff at Sydney Airport, Qantas B744 VH-OEB in F1 livery was in and also Thai’s B744 Retro livery which I was very happy about! I was hoping to see this one on my visit to Sydney. Our Emirates A380 arrived a little bit late, and it was A6-EDZ, the newest in the fleet! Anyway here are some of the photos.

Boarding commenced about 45 minutes late, it sure was exciting about to board an A380 for the first time!

November 26, 2012
Emirates
EK412
SYD-AKL
A6-EDZ A388
Seat 53K

First impressions of the A380 and Emirates were great. The aircraft looked very nice and new. I took my Seat (53K), the seat next to me was free which was good. The load on the flight in economy I would guess was around 70-80%.

Welcome Screen

The awesome Tail Cam

Vietnam arrives

Malaysian arrives, should’ve been the first Malaysian A380 service to Sydney today but they have now decided to keep the B744s on the route!

OEJ arrives, seems to be following us, OEJ arrived just as we were about to depart 2 days before on QF8

Following LAN which was also off to Auckland

We had to wait about 15-20 minutes for takeoff because there was a queue of about 10 other aircraft waiting for takeoff and constant arrivals! United B744 arrived and also a China Eastern A330 which was the special 2010 Expo livery! I was happy to see it as I didn’t manage to get a photo of her two days ago.