View Single Post
Old 26th August 2014, 12:25 AM

Sydney Airport August 20 2014
Once at the transfer lounge there was no mucking about, as soon as I was through security I was ushered straight onto a bus, the doors were closed behind me and we were on the way, now that's a seamless transfer :P

Over at the domestic terminal I found that my flight was on time and made my way to the lounge for the hour wait, again won't cover the lounge as I did it earlier in the report.

Qantaslink Flight 1419 August 20 2014
STD 1125 STA 1220
Aircraft: DHC-8-402Q VH-QOA 'Gladstone'
Seat: 1A

Made my way out of the lounge before the flight was called and headed to gate 8 where my flight would be boarded using the 'gantry', a device which is used to board Dash 8s from an aerobridge. Was pleased to find that today the flight would be operated by the class leader QOA....if I had a dollar for the amount of times I've been scheduled to fly on this thing and it's changed I be rich.

Boarding today was incredibly fast and before long the door was closed with 54 people on board, push back commenced approximately 5 minutes ahead of schedule, making the quick taxi out to holding point bravo 1 runway 16R and taking off with no delay. During the takeoff I spoke to the flight attendant, working with Q400s pretty much means I know all the Qantaslink crew including the crew operating today so that occupied my time nicely Again sitting in front of the flight attendant has it's downside so no photos were taken in the takeoff or landing phases of this flight.

QOA at the gate

The seatbelt sign was turned off pretty quickly as I made this all too familiar journey on the dash 8, flight attendants were soon up with the service today consisting of a custard scroll (which was clearly made some time ago, yuck) and a full hot/cold drinks offering.

Climbing up to FL180

Service on todays flight

Before long the captain came over the PA requesting that the cabin crew prepare for landing, today it was a very quick descent landing on runway 17.

Top of descent

Overhead Lake George....last picture for the report.

Once on the ground we exited off on taxiway mike and headed for gate 11 which we parked at very close to 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Made my way to baggage claim where my bag was off nice and quickly and before long I was off on my way home

Conclusion
I can't say that I haven't enjoyed myself on this trip, thats for sure. I think the next time I head to Cairns I would like to try doing something on the outer barrier reef as I have now done Green Island twice, I would certainly do the sky rail again...that never gets old!

As far as flights...as can be seen by my ff status on the boarding passes I'm a pretty loyal Qantas customer, personally I think their domestic service exceeds anyones else's by a long way and this certainly went to prove as much.

I think thats all guys, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed the report, if you're lucky or unlucky if you see it that way I may just write another report and some point down the track :P
24/1/24 JQ724 (YXS)
26/1/24 QF1913 (UYY)
20/1/24 QF1451 (LQM)
19/1/24 QF1442 (QOR)
7/1/24 QF1530 (YQW)
7/1/24 JQ740 (YXQ)