View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:00 PM

I think every state has the right to expand within their realm of allies, and if NK wants to expand within only a select few who they feel they can work best with then that's their perogative. The reality is that in the past 5 years NK has become less of an isolationist state and has embraced the fact that is it part of planet earth. Not even the most democratic of states trade with every single nation on earth.

Speaking of "go-to" countries for North Korea, you'll probably recall that in the famine of last year australia stepped up to provide relief. The mere fact that they accepted this relief, as compared to how NK even denied physical Russian support in the korean shows how much they have changed.

I do understand your logic, Montague, I really do, and to a degree I agree with you. But at the same time NK is torn between it's stalinist ideals and the reality of human existance which it is only just realising. Baby steps for this nation

And now the thread come aaaaall the way back on topic.

Pyongyang a star alliance port? Somehow I doubt that OneWorld will be jumping in to compete, that is unless the route proves itself. But similarly, I wonder if a star alliance lounge will open? We can only hope so