View Single Post
Old 5th September 2013, 02:16 PM

September 1, 2013
Qantas
QF562
CBR-SYD
VH-TJI B734
Seat 15A

On-board in Seat 15A, with TJX next to us and TJZ just further down. 3 of the 5 B734s in the Qantas fleet all next to each other!

Lining up on RWY35

Climbing out with Parliament House visible in the distance

Nice right turn

On this flight there was about 60-70 passengers. The flight back to Sydney was even quicker! 31 minutes! As soon as the seat belt sign was switched off the crew raced through the cabin with refreshments. For this flight they were handing out Carmans Snack Box’s which contained a little bag of Corn Chips, Spicy Tomato Salsa and a little Apple biscuit, and it was very good! The crew managed to finish the service in about 5 minutes. As soon as they did the captain came over the PA and said “Cabin crew prepare for landing” hahaha! We got up to 21000ft on this flight.

Descending over Botany Bay

Nice sunset

I took a video of the landing. We landed on RWY34L.

Taxiing to T3

Freight Apron with three classics

Interior shot before hopping off

Sydney Airport:

I walked straight out of T3 and over to T2. I had already done the web check in so I just went straight through security, grabbed something to eat and sat down at my gate. I saw that the aircraft that arrives from BNE as VA970 would then operate my flight (VA985) back to BNE. A quick look on FR24 showed that VH-YFN would be my plane! I looked it up and saw that she is 0.3 years old, nice! I looked at my rego log and found that I hadn’t even seen this aircraft yet!

My plane arrived at 1830 and at 1900 boarding commenced.

September 1, 2013
Virgin Australia
VA985
SYD-BNE
VH-YFN B738
Seat 8F

Row 8, 8B/C/D/E remained empty. There were probably 50-60 passengers on this flight, only 1 person in business.

My awesome view from 8F

We had the long taxi out to RWY34R, before taking off and making our way north to Brisbane.

Climbing out of Sydney