View Single Post
Old 6th January 2011, 06:58 AM

Default TRIP REPORT: Air New Zealand OOL-AKL-OOL (Photos + Video!)

Nearing the end of taxiway C.

Lining up Runway 32; before takeoff!

I didn’t get any photos of the takeoff phase, which was pretty silly of me. Apologies to those of you who think I’m bad for that.

After takeoff with views of Coolangatta/Tweed.

OOL from the air.

Tweed Coast.

Byron Bay?

Ascending through some turbulent cloud layers.

Above the clouds, still quite turbulent.

The turbulence was light to moderate, and lasted for nearly the whole flight, but that didn’t stop the food from coming out! We had the lunch choice today; a beef salad or a ham & cheese turnover. Both came with a brownie and bread roll! Being the lover of hot food, I opted for the turnover. But it seems a lot of people liked turnovers, because they ran out when they came to my row! Oh well, I don’t mind beef salad.

Beef salad.

It turned out to be a rather nice meal. It was the perfect size, and the salad was rather tasty, as well as the beef. The bread roll worked nicely with the salad, and the brownie finished it off well at the end. The consistency of the flavours worked to – kidding, I’m not Matt Preston. Anyway, it was a good meal.

The crew came around with drinks a few minutes later, as well as handing out the arrival cards. I just had water. I noticed that alcohol wasn’t an option on this flight – is it only available on night flights?

I read my book for a while before continuing to take some more photos.

Cruising somewhere over the Tasman.

We started our descent into AKL around 20-25 minutes before we landed. The Captain said that the weather was fine with light south westerly winds (landing on runway 23L), and he expected us to arrive at the gate on time.

Descent over the western coast. Complimentary hard candies were handed out around this time.

First view of AKL whilst on downwind for 23L.

Another view of AKL.

Complete overview of AKL.]

Manukau & eastern suburbs.

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)