View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 12:25 PM

DJ523
DATE: 7th May 2011
AIRCRAFT: Boeing 737-81D
SECTOR: Sydney (SYD) – Gold Coast (OOL)
SEAT: 11F

Boarding pass.

I stepped through the front door of the aircraft and it was just an instant reaction. What a beautiful aircraft! So new and clean! I quickly took my seat and waited. No one was sitting next to me.. I had a whole row to myself! Until the last person shuffled through the front door and was eyeing the seat next to me. She did in fact sit next to me.. but I didn’t mind as she was rather attractive eventually we pushed back and the usuall safety demonstrations were carried out and not long after we were taxiing out to RWY16L. My first departure out of Sydney with SODPROPS (simultaneous opposite direction parallel runway operations) in operation! Now as I was on the right side of the aircraft I decided not to take any pics or videos of departure as the sun was beaming down directly into my window. We were number one to depart and were very soon in the air and performing the big left turn at 500ft. As we starting climbing up to FL390 I decided it was time for some pictures.

The rest of the flight was very uneventful. However as I was quite thirsty from the subway, I purchased a can of pepsi and sat back and enjoyed the views. We started our decent just after I saw Coffs Harbour and were quickly on downwind turn for RWY14.

Before I knew it, the captain was turning us onto finals.

Now I knew there were gonna be some spotters waiting for the arrival of YFC, after all it was her first visit to Cooly in the new scheme.. but as I tried to get a pic of my friend (and fellow board member and Spotter Brock Little) I failed miserably! I took a pic to early and then as I took my eye away from my Canon 500D I saw him snapping away..

Too late…

Touchdown…

Reversers!

Jetphotos.net
Airliners.net

Last edited by Andrew Coggan; 8th May 2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes