View Single Post
Old 16th June 2010, 07:18 PM

Hi All,

Had a great experience with Emirates from here to Cairo and back. The A380 was the pick of the bunch for me. It was quiet, a bit more spacious in the cabin and in the economy seats and I guess I might've just been a little excited over my first A380 flight.

We had a B777-300ER from Dubai to Cairo where I found the seat was a bit narrower and legroom wasn't as good.

Returning to Dubai we had a B777-200ER, my fiancé and I sat at the back with the coupled seats and I found these were decently comfortable, and even included fold out trays from the armrest.

Our return flight to Sydney was A380 again, we had to wait an hour or so at the gate in DXB due to a huge tailwind. Our flight was swift, in about 11-12 hours with a decent 300+kmh tailwind!

Service on board was great. All staff were helpful, particularly on the return leg and they looked like they enjoyed what they did.

In-flight entertainment is second to none. The best I've experienced in my recent travels with endless things to watch, listen or play with.

To mirror my experience though, some people from our Egypt tour flew back earlier aboard a B77L and had some problems and delays out of Dubai due to technical issues and weren't kept informed of what was happening.

Very happy with my experience though and would fly them again. Also great that Velocity members can get points on Emirates flights

Cheers!

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG