View Single Post
Old 12th July 2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Grima View Post
Thanks Bernie. Can't wait to see the rest!
The deck on the ATC tower, is that open to the public, or did you get a few special privileges?
Cheers
M
Hi Mark,

It was part of a visit I had with a mate who works there, I was even met be him on my return through OSL on my return flight

And so the journey continues... I spent a couple of days in Oslo, I visited a Vigeland Sculpture Park and the Botanic Gardens. I also got to see a changing of the Guards ceremony at the Royal Palace!!

On my last day in Oslo, Mr C took me out to Holmenkollen; which is the Ski Jump Park for Oslo. Now, I have watched these events at the Olympics and had always thought they were mad... Seeing it from the top where they start, and looking down the ramp, only CONFIRMED my thinking!! Hell would freeze over before I went on one of these things!

Soon enough, it was time to head to Kristiansand for a conference. This leg was via the NSB Train. The total train trip took just under 4 hours, and went through some of the most spectacular scenery... I was so enthrawlled by it, I didnt even get a photo of it (but I don't think it would have given it justice either...). Below, is my train, and my seat in First and the 'Lounge' area where complimentry tea/coffee were stationed!

My time in Kristiansand (KRS) was for the conference, and we had two days of proceedings. We also visited the Bioforsk Research facility in Landvik (LOTS of good turf research, as well as other crops like Strawberries, Rhubarb and Asparagus), but I wont bore you with much of these other than to say, a god almighty storm came through, whilst of course, we were out in the middle of a paddock! Some of the turf researchers from the USA were counting the time between lightening and thunder, and when they called it a day, I left not too long after... Can you see why??

The conference was a great meeting, and it was now time to head to my next destination, Prague via Amsterdam... Stay tuned!!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images