View Single Post
Old 11th October 2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
I wonder if airlines treat people who do OLCI differently to those who check-in at the airport. I am sure someone on here can answer, and I have always wondered about this one. I can never have one flight where I don't hear an announcement for someone to get to the gate immediately as the plane is waiting immediate departure. Not always for my flight of course, but still!

Do the right thing, and ring and cancel!
I recently missed a BA flight from London City airport after having done an on-line check-in. I got to the counter about 5 minutes after the bag check-in had closed. If I had no baggage I would have been ok. But the odd thing is even knowing I was going to miss the plane the check-in staff didn't want any of my details so as to 'take' me off the flight.

All I can but assume that as they clearly know if you have checked bags or not, when it comes to locking the doors of the a/c if you are not on the flight and have no bags then they will just go and make no annoucement looking for you. The only issue is if you have checked bags.

I do wonder what on-line check-in for people with baggage is really all about. Afterall you still need to go to the bag drop counter and it seems to take the same length of time as a standard check-in, so what is the point?