View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2009, 06:03 PM

This is a topic close to my heart.

We have just completed a RTW trip, the bulk of which was in J class.
Carriers in J were Qantas, British Airways, American, Cathay, DragonAir, Japan Airlines and finally Jalways into Brisbane from Tokyo.

I probably should say this was self funded, so I think I can speak from the wallet side.

My previous experiences with QF international have not been so good, this time they were brilliant.

I have to concede, the flight with BA from London to Dubai was pathetic. We had had great service on two other flights with BA.

On the Dubai flight the male cabin attendant did NOTHING but yawn through the whole pre flight safety demonstration video. He was standing at the separation point of Y to J.

It wasn’t a good look.

Airlines have such a hard time trying to attract passenger’s attention during the safety demonstration, without their own staff YAWNING through it all.

I have almost covered another thread here, but I think it’s rude not to pay attention when someone is doing a demonstration, that hopefully I won’t EVER need.

I have heard it many times before also; still believe you need to pay attention for a couple of minutes.

Have also been in a situation that David refers, to where I have been addressed personally in Y.

My experience EK is great on the same route.

I think it comes back to passenger attitude as well, (in NO way am I having a go at you Simon)

We saw MANY grumpy J class passengers on our trip.
“The lounge wasn’t good enough, no specific J boarding area” , hey there were 6 of us! Give me a break.

Some people just can’t enjoy anymore.

Poor service isn’t on either.

Regards,

Geoff