View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:40 AM

A few points of interest I will refer to below.

Firstly a poignant quote from 2008 Alan Joyce said after becoming QF CEO 'the rumour going around is that we are going to try and make Qantas into a low cost carrier. That would absolutely be the wrong thing to do' The Australian newspaper . How times have changed!

Secondly, Joyce included Jetstar Asia I'n his list of successful arms of the company. Refer here http://m.smh.com.au/business/budget-...206-1aid3.html JQ Asia have Never made a substantial profit and indeed suffered more losses then profit I'n what is a cutthroat Market.

Thirdly, he alludes to the fact QF Intl cost base is so much higher then their competitors. Why's this? Crew pay makes up a very small proportion
Of this cost basis . Maybe poor management is at play given Cathay ek and most other major top airlines seem to have it sorted.

It shocks me he sees the Intl arm as such a risk with 3 billion I'n the bank. His fleeting reference to Ansett i found uncalled for and pretty inappropriate and the whole speech seemed like a justification for jetstar international to go fully global Ie pvg or other china base and reduction I'n Qf services (august 24 announcement )