View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:26 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien b View Post
Unfortunately, its not an unheard of occurrence, thankfully it doesn't occur often.

Some others I have found. Some of the aircraft below may not have been shot down but indications are that they were.

Siberian Airlines Flight 1812 - possibly shot down over Crimea 4 Oct 2001. May have been accidentally shot down by Ukraine Military during exercise.

1993 Three Transair Georgian Airliners shot down over Georgia at different times.

Aerolinee Itavia Flight 870 27 June 1980. Went missing off coast off Sicily. Italian investigations and court have stated they believe French fighters shot it down during secret NATO operations.

Another Korean Airliner, this time in 1978, shot down by Soviets but only 2 people died after aircraft landed on frozen lake after straying into Soviet airspace.

Plenty of others I haven't listed.
The Aerolinee Itavia Flight 870 crash was covering in the last season of ACI (s13e06 - Massacre Over The Mediterranean) it seems that that the a/c may of been lost due to a bomb in the rear toilet area. I expect that it still available on YouTube.