View Single Post
Old 10th July 2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick F View Post
... All the members must train in their own time and often do the displays in their own time. ...
They get time in leiu for their weekend displays/deployments and as for training in their own time, I'm not sure what that even means. They may practice over an occasional lunch period, but that doesn't mean that they miss out on lunch.

As for funding, they are funded based on the number of displays that they will perform for the year. They are accommodated in the same manner and level as everyone else in the ADF. That means staying on Defence Establishments or in Hotel accommodation depending on the circumstance. If you want a Thunderbirds type display team, then expect the taxpayer to cough up mega (or perhaps obscene amounts of ) funds to do so. I think we need to realise that we are not a big league Air Force like the USAF or RAF, and as such we shouldn't expect a big league Aerobatic Display Team. I think they do a fantastic job.