View Single Post
Old 17th February 2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Argy View Post
Hi Sam

Your trip reports capture all the juicy detail in words and pictures - really excellent - thank you for all the effort you put into them.

Two questions:

1) on the ICE displays when the a/c is on the ground, the 'True Air Speed' shows 71mph on both 1 and 2 February. Is 71 mph always the displayed air speed when the a/c is on the ground, or is it just a co-incidence that it showed that speed on both days?

2) on your cruise flight phase photo mid-Tasman the distance to Auckland is shown as 594 miles, the ground speed as 594 mph, yet the time to go 1:09. Is the time to go measured on air speed of 555 mph rather than ground speed? That doesn't seem logical to me. Or is the system adding in 9 minutes of taxi-in time?

The ICE used by Emirates seems like a great system - I wish QF would use that system!
Hi Philip,
I noticed the same thing on my flight departing SYD for DOHA via Dubai on A6-EDD. The speed and distance to destination were the same, yet the time to destination was out, but it was more 20 mins!!!
I am about to leave Doha in about 6.5 hrs (through Dubai and Bangkok though...) and the ICE was great as well. The wife got and replied to SMS I was sending!!!
Cheers
Bernie

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images

Last edited by Bernie P; 17th February 2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: typo... AND detail!