View Single Post
Old 17th August 2014, 08:54 PM

August 16 2014
Today I was off to Brisbane via Sydney, the previous morning I had received a text message from Qantas telling me that my points upgrade had been successful so my flight to Sydney would be in business class.

I had a bus booked from the resort at 1010, after having breakfast I headed to the front of the resort to wait for my bus, the bus however didn't turn up till 1035. Arriving at the airport at approximately 1050, I used the priority check-in counter where I was issued with my boarding passes and my bag was checked in. I then made my way through security and to the Qantas Club.

Today's routing

Once in the club I grabbed a light snack and a coffee and sat by the window. The lounges at CNS are the only place where you are able to get an airside view, one of the many reasons I hate the design of this terminal.

Qantas Flight 925 16 August 2014
STD 1250 STA 1545
Aircraft: Boeing 767-338ER VH-OGM 'Bundaberg'
Seat: 1K

VH-OGM would be flying me to Sydney today, this would be my fourth time aboard her, my second time sitting in the same seat. Aircraft arrived on time however boarding was delayed by about 10 minutes due to some passengers requiring assistance.

Boarded using the priority boarding lane and made it onboard pretty fast, once onboard I was greeted by the CSM and was shortly after offered a pre-flight drink, today a choice of lemon juice or water, I had the lemon juice which was refreshing and very different to the usual orange juice! As most will know the Boeing 767 fleet features a newly refurbished interior with black leather seats in business providing great comfort on the domestic sectors.

OGM taxiing in after arriving from Sydney

Plenty of legroom in 1K

Parked next to VXH which was off to Brisbane

Boarding was quite a slow process today due to a lot of families with small children been onboard, the door was closed at about 1225 however there was an extra delay due to the pilots having to re-plan the departure because of a runway change, we would now be departing from runway 33.

Once pushed back we taxied out to runway 33 and made a quick and steep departure, with a few right hand turns to set course, today routing out over the coast before crossing overhead Townsville and heading inland.

Heading back past the tip of the Cairns bay

Once the seat belt sign was off the cabin crew made their way through the cabin with a drinks service. Today I had a lemonade which was served with a packet of nuts.

About an hour into the flight the cabin crew made their way through the cabin once again offering lunch. Today a choice of lasagne accompanied by seasonal veggies or a salad. This was accompanied by a fruit salad and space for a bread roll. Today I chose the lasagne which was great...the seasonal veggies weren't to my taste (greens :P) but apart from that the meal was great.

Shortly after the main meal trays were cleaned up we were offered an Affogato Icecream, not to my taste but yeah...coffee and tea followed closely behind the ice-cream.

Once the meal was packed away I continued watching the Q-Streaming, the captain came over the PA giving us some arrival details, stating that we would be using the east-west runway today with good views of the city once free of the cloud, this would mean a runway 07 arrival today.
[img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5557/14757936047_668766308f_z.jpg[img]
Top of descent

Descent was pretty smooth despite the weather as we made the approach to runway 07, the landing unlike descent was rather rough. A quick taxi followed and before long we were disembarking at gate 5.

After arriving I made my way up to the Qantas club for the wait until my flight onto Brisbane boarded.
24/1/24 JQ724 (YXS)
26/1/24 QF1913 (UYY)
20/1/24 QF1451 (LQM)
19/1/24 QF1442 (QOR)
7/1/24 QF1530 (YQW)
7/1/24 JQ740 (YXQ)