View Single Post
Old 21st August 2014, 09:18 PM

Won't go into the Qantas Club again as I've already covered the Sydney QF Club once.

Qantas Flight 540 16 August 2014
STD 1705 STA 1835
Aircraft: Boeing 737-838 VH-VZE 'Bunbury'
Seat: 4F

Boarding for the flight was called a tad late however with the light load on this flight today (about 50 pax) the door was closed early and we had to sit on the bay for a few extra minutes due to ATFM (Air Traffic Flow Management) in Brisbane. Plenty of legroom in row 4 however despite the light load there was two other guys sitting in seats D and E.

VZE on the bay prior to boarding

VH-OGM is towed to the jet base after my arrival from Cairns

Legroom

Once underway we made our way out to 16L where we made an immediate takeoff with the standard steep left bank before setting course to the north for Brisbane. At this point in time the weather had deteriorated some what and we were into the cloud pretty fast, the seatbelt sign was left on for about 15mins after takeoff at which point we broke free of the cloud. Once the seatbelt sign the CSM indicated to us that we could spread out a bit so my tow seat mates moved back to row 5 (personally I would have suggested one moved to 4C and the other sat in D but hey).

Free of the cloud

Before long the cabin crew were making their way through the cabin with an afternoon refreshment, today lavosh with spiced pumpkin dip and a small cookie, I was also offered some soy snacks as well as a soft drink and a bottle of water.

Before long descent commenced, the seatbelt sign was turned on briefly due to turbulence as we completed a single holding pattern over the Gold Coast, the seatbelt sign was then very briefly turned off to allow the cabin crew to prepare the cabin.

Top of descent, last picture as it was too dark after this.

Approach today was over the Brisbane city for runway 01 in the pouring rain, landing was quite smooth and we were quickly parked at the bay where we had a short wait to disembark due to an issue with the aerobridge. Once in the terminal I made my way to baggage claim to collect my bags and made my way out to the public pick up area where I was picked up by my aunt who I would be staying with for the next four nights.
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)