View Single Post
Old 10th July 2012, 10:17 PM

Default Part II Spotting in OSLO

I was asked if I wanted to be dropped off at my hotel (at like 9am?) after the long flight from Sydney. Alas, as I was feeling good, I wanted to start some spotting, and out we went… First off, was to head out to a spot just pop 01R/19L. This was a great location and here's a couple of shots…

As the day progressed, we moved about somewhat. There was now a group of people there, as Mr C got an sms asking if the 'Kangaroo' had arrived! They are such a friendly bunch of people them Norwegians!! We had some, ok a few, cups of coffee, some lunch, and then ended up near the 19R/01L runway. This is a great location for afternoon/evening arrivals (well towards 9-9.30pm of a summers evening)! After a good couple of hours, it was time to head for the hotel and get some sleep…

20th June 2012

This was to be a spotting day, full on. I was given a treat, in that we went to the top of the 94m tall ATC tower!! I was SO happy to be heading up there. After a short walk, we entered the tower compound and into the lift. In no time, we were outside on the balcony and into the warm summers day. Light, having been up for several hours already, was always going to be an issue for good photography, but I didn't care, I was up there! Here are some of the shots from the tower…

We then headed to some other spots around OSL, and we caught up with an English man who was an engineer at Norwegian! We ended up spending the afternoon with him (over two locations) before Mr C took Mr T off to catch his flight. Good bye Mr T, it was fun meeting you!

All afternoon, we got the usual suspect, SAS, Norwegian, but I also managed to get a C-130 from the Norwegian Air Force!

That will be the end, for now... I will add some more sections tomorrow... These will be travelling (by train) to Kristiansand, Prague via Amsterdam, and then back to Amsterdam before heading back home. I will also cover the day trip to Floriade, which was in Venlo near Amsterdam (Floriade returns to Holland every 10 years, but is otherwise the World Horticulture Expo)

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images