View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 01:58 PM

Guys

Apart from the odd one or two , most passengers agree that the A380 has introduced new standards of passenger comfort to airline travel - I've travelled on QF, SQ and EK and would pick an A380 ahead of any other airliner currently flying if given the choice, except perhaps a 77W/L.

That said, Airbus hasn't done itself any favours with the aircraft's industralisation issues, slow production ramp up, and range of options offered to launch customers, and I believe the jury is probably still out on whether Airbus will ever sell the ~500 required to turn a profit on the program.

I also doubt the launch airlines have configured the A380 in the best and most efficent way, hence QF's decision to re-configure its last eight jets, and may not be using it to its potential either. I guess later configurations and routing will tell. The IFE problems that people complain about are airline furnished equipment, and generally not related to the aircraft itself.

Last edited by Andrew McLaughlin; 18th May 2010 at 03:41 PM.