View Single Post
Old 1st December 2013, 11:03 AM

Thursday, 14 November

It was now time to head up to Sydney for 4 days of spotting. I got up early and checked out as I wanted to get some more shots of VH-VKA before her first passenger flight up to Cairns at 6am. My flight was due out at 0730. I checked in and dropped off my bag without any dramas and went through security and over to Gate 21.

Looking good! VKA being prepared for her flight up to Cairns.

“City of Corowa”, she had an exciting day ahead of her! MEL-SYD and back three times! haha

Wish I was heading up to Cairns on this beauty!

I noticed that passengers on this flight were given the same goodie bags as those on the MEL-OOL flight the day before. Jetstar Australia and New Zealand CEO David Hall was there. There appeared to be some aviation enthusiasts on this flight.

Pushback! Love the slow beacons on the 787!

What a gorgeous aircraft!

I then went up to the food court and grabbed some breakfast. I noticed VH-VFT being prepared for a flight up to Hamilton Island. Thought it might have been her first revenue service but turns out she entered service the day before!

The very new VFT looking good!

I then walked over to my gate to see VH-EBM, who I had been expecting

Boarding commenced at about ten past seven…

November 14, 2013
Qantas
QF412
MEL-SYD
VH-EBM A332
Seat 47A

On-board in Seat 47A

We pushed back right on time and took off on RWY27. We rotated quite quickly and had a pretty steep climb out which was awesome!

Climbing above the clouds

Nice right turn towards Sydney

On our way up to 41000ft

We were served breakfast on this flight which consisted of Muesli, a muffin and orange juice.

Flight time was just a tad over an hour but I tried to have a look through the IFE. The range of movies, TV shows and music was astounding! I would happily do an international flight on one of these A332s! I watched an episode of Two and a Half men and for the rest of the flight I just watched the flight map and enjoyed the view!

On descent into Sydney

Flight map

Soon we were descending over Botany Bay and were treated to some beautiful views. Why did I put my camera away!?!? We landed on RWY34L.