View Single Post
Old 1st December 2013, 11:07 AM

China Eastern Airbus A330-200 B-5908 in the awesome Skyteam livery

Nice looking Chinese G550 at the GA

VH-VZO looks very serious!

Love these shots! VH-OJA on short finals for RWY16R with Sydney in the background.

VH-VXA in the new Ashes livery! Qantas have done some pretty cool special liveries lately!

VH-VNC now sporting the new Tigerair livery

Emirates arriving in some nice light!

One of my better panning shots. VH-VYJ touching down on RWY16R.

Here are the rest of my shots from the day.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandon...57637891915313

Once Etihad and Hawaiian arrived we grabbed some dinner before heading over to the mound to try out some night shots. Mother nature had other ideas though with a massive storm closing down the airport! So at about 9:30pm with the weather just getting worse and worse we called it a day.

Saturday, 16 November

Bernie couldn’t make it out to the airport so Stefan and myself met up at the observation deck and spent the day there. I got there at roughly 0630. I noticed on the departure board that quite a few of the internationals from last night didn’t manage to depart due to the massive storm. A6-EDY was parked at the freight area because she couldn’t get out last night operating EK413 to DXB. A6-EDZ passed EDY on her way to RWY16R as EK415. I took some shots of the two of them as I thought it was pretty cool to get two EK A380s in the one shot! EDZ held short and I could see it was holding for another A380 on finals. As the aircraft got closer I could see that it was a third EK A380 (A6-EEF – EK412)!!!

I was pretty happy with this shot!!! Three EK A380s at Sydney in the one frame! A6-EDY (EK413D), A6-EDZ (EK415) and A6-EEF (EK412).

China Southern Airbus A380 B-6139 arriving

Vietnam Airlines Airbus A330-200 VN-A371 in Skyteam livery

DHL Boeing 767-300F N643GT departing

Air India Boeing 787-8 VT-ANK arriving, check out that wing flex!

Air Canada Boeing 777-300ER C-FIUR making a rare visit to Sydney

Air Asia X Airbus A330-300 9M-XXF, was very happy to see this beautiful livery!