View Single Post
Old 11th April 2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Biondi View Post
Guys I think it's a simple matter of the DJ staff member being out of line, there are security staff in place to deal with security issues if this was a security issue, which of course taking a photo of an aircraft from a terminal after you have gone past security screening is hardly what i would classify as such, but if the regulations state as such then it should be made clear to the public with signage as it is in Moscow SVO and other airports around the world, since this is clearly not the case then the staff member should mind his own business and do his job whatever that may be.

Morris
I remember back since before I aquired this pot-belly of mine, back in Bergen, Norway. The local airport, Flesland, was also a major air force base and there were lots of restrictions on photography.
Every 10-20 meters along the entire perimeter fence where signs making it very clear that photography was absolutely prohibited and attracted severe punishment.

These signs remained in place long after the air force ceased regular operations from the airport, and scaled back to using the underground hangars for pretty much just for storage.

When I moved from the area, it was still illegal to take photos of the airport and surrounding areas from the air, but judging from photos at different collections around the net, it looks like this has been lifted.