View Single Post
Old 1st November 2014, 09:20 PM

Dave - the issue here is that the officer thought I flat out wasn't supposed to have such a radio and I was being treated accordingly. This wasn't a mere chat. He seemed surprised when he asked if I'd ever been spoken to about it before and that I replied that I haven't.

Until he did his speech down the phone about the ills I had committed (which was what, about 20 seconds worth) followed by a "Is he allowed to do that?", he treated me like I was problem and one of his offsiders who had been hanging around the rear of my vehicle was writing everything up. I have never experienced (or seen) anything like this at the airport before and I've been going there for what - twenty years? I've had the scanner with me for 14 years. It definitely created a scene.

Following his question down the line, the call ended abruptly. The answer from the other end of the line was clearly a very short sentence in contrast to the catalogue he had described and he somewhat incongruously replied "OK, that's what I thought" and hung up, retrieved my licence from the other officer and returned it to me. I'm very thankful that he made that call and whoever he talked to clearly shut the whole thing down before it got out of hand.

Last edited by Robert S; 1st November 2014 at 09:37 PM.