View Single Post
Old 4th October 2014, 03:33 PM

Default Qantas BNE-SYD on QF8 in J + Tigerair SYD-BNE

Introduction:

Well with Qantas making changes to the DFW route from the end of September, I had to fly on QF8 from BNE-SYD one last time! From September 29, Qantas switched from using Boeing 747-400ER’s to Airbus A380s to DFW, enabling the airline to operate the return leg non-stop to SYD. This unfortunately means for us BNE spotters that the tech stop is no longer required.

I booked the flight a month or so out and also used my points to upgrade to business class. I just selected the cheapest flight back in for that evening which was on Tigerair.

Brisbane Airport:

Dad dropped me off at the international terminal at 5am. Check in was quick and easy. I then met up with Daniel K. from Melbourne who was also on QF8 this morning. We both passed through security and customs before heading up to the Qantas club.

After grabbing some breakfast and relaxing in the lounge we went down to the boarding gate.

VH-OEG “Parkes” will be taking us to Sydney.

My second time on OEG. So after my six flights on QF8 I have ended up flying on OEE and OEG twice each and OEI and OEJ once each.

Boarding commenced just after 6am.

September 28, 2014
Qantas
QF8
BNE-SYD
VH-OEG B744
Seat 8K

Pre-flight drinks were offered, Orange Juice or water.

Aircraft parked at the international.

We were pushed back on-time and taxied out to RWY19 for departure.

Climbing out as we pass the gateway bridges and the city

Over the southern suburbs

Brisbane City

Archerfield Airport

Cruising down to Sydney

IFE

Flight Map

I took the continental breakfast which was muesli and yoghurt. Hot breakfast was an omelette with bacon I think.