Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 6th November 2013, 08:50 PM

I've just arrived in The UK having flown VS from SYD via HKG . We flew economy as price dictated , but purchased the exit row seats 31A/B for about $200 each , which proved to be money well spent . We had about 60" of leg room so stretching out there was no obstacles at all , far removed from the 31" seat pitch in the other economy class seats . There were many positives and some negatives overall . On the positive side , a big slap on the back to the check in staff and the cabin staff in general , easily the most friendly ever in all our long haul flights , which account for many . Nothing was too much trouble , all were very positive about the airline and genuinely appeared to be enjoying their jobs , which in turn translated into a good level of service . Well that's all the positives .. The othervside of the coin is that the food service was just about adequate at best . The food itself was quite good , there was just not enough of it , very small portion sizes , and long time gaps between servings . The IFE was OK , not the best but not the worst either , and it didn't crash , which seems to be the norm these days . There was no warm towels or even packaged refresh towels handed out , which I found odd . The seat cushioning was average , in other words , after a few hours the seat becomes very uncomfortable , but alas that seems to be the way it is these days . I haven't sat in a comfortable long haul seat in years . There is no " mood lighting " or LED sparkly star lighting , but that's all rubbish anyway and in no way makes a flight more comfortable . All in all we thought the service was good , the aircraft (A340-600) seating configuration good for us as a couple with it's 2-4-2 seating, but if you have a healthy eating habit you will go hungry .
It's the old old story , in that you " your money and take your choice " and at $1650 rtn to London it's reasonable value .. We fly back to SYD next week , so I'll be interested to make a comparison ..
Dave C