View Single Post
Old 20th June 2013, 04:58 PM

A quick shot out the window.

I had heard lots of stories about customs in LAX being very slow. I just wanted to get to the hotel cause I was exhausted. It took about an hour and a half to get through; it was slow but not too bad. It was only our flight going through at the time, I can imagine with several flights at the same time it would be a nightmare. We finally got out of the terminal and found the shuttle bus pick up area. Shortly a bus came along to take us to the Hilton at the airport.

Overall the flight over was tiring, but very good. I’d definitely fly VA across the Pacific again, and I would on my way back

DAY 1: LOS ANGELES

We were going to do something but neither of us managed to get any sleep on the flight so we just stayed at the hotel and relaxed.

DAY 2: SPOTTING AT LAX

Woke up at about 2am (still wasn’t quite over the jet lag ). At 6am we walked to In-N-Out burger which took about 20 minutes. We stayed here the whole day, it sure is a great spot! The constant Southwest 737s did get a bit annoying after a while! Here are a few of my shots.

In-N-Out Burger

Qantas A380 VH-OQI arriving from Melbourne

China Eastern A340-600 B-6055 in Expo 2010 livery

Qantas A380 VH-OQG arriving from Sydney

Korean Air A380 HL7619 arriving from Seoul

British Airways 747, quite a few families were out here because of the Memorial Day public holiday.

Air France A380 F-HPJG

Malaysian 777 arrives from Kuala Lumpur via Tokyo

Turkish 777 arriving from Istanbul

Singapore A345 9V-SGC arrives from Singapore, was good to see an SQ A345 for the first time.

American Airlines 777 arriving

British Airways 747 in Oneworld livery arriving from LHR