View Single Post
Old 30th December 2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame Hutchison View Post
Great shots Anthony, in the first one there are the three little houses alongside the current international standoff bays, and no old tower in the background. This was the days of the tower being where the old fire station was (near the intersection of Charlie and Golf). Visited the tower a few times back then.

Great to see the Pan Am and AA livery on the 707.

A VC10 image or two would be great to see, I remember the Captain Bristow ads on TV, with the "Hush Power" tag line, very popular ads back then.

On one of my QF 707 flights Sydney - Auckland (First Class this time) I was in the cockpit when they were taking a position reading. They would attach a sextant type instrument to a mount in the cockpit ceiling and make the readings (the good old days of navigation).

I also remember visiting the QF 707 simulator which had a model landscape and a video camera that travelled over it in line with cockpit control inputs. Very primitive but useful at the time.
Are the 'Captain Bristow' ads of any relation to the "Seargant Major" BOAC VC10 ad from 1970?

In addition to the VC10, I'd like to see some Pan American 707 photographs!