View Single Post
Old 24th March 2008, 07:23 PM

If your school has allocated free periods for TAFE to be undertaken, then you can get away with continuing into year12. You currently have the added benefit of more free periods than your peers because you do tafe compared to a school-based subject, but next year people will drop and pick up things and that will all change again.

Have a think about what subjects you will be doing. Could I have done TAFE this year and english ext2? probably not, as ext2 takes up a considerable amount of time, regardless of the fact it is a 1unit subject.

I know before I signed up for the course back in year10 I searched the old message board, and didn't find anything, so if there are any people thinking of doing the course in the future (as yr12's can pick up the course from scratch and just do BAK for one year) here's my advice: Definately do it in year 11 as it's a very rewarding course, and for me I enjoyed it because it allowed me to immerse myself in aviation for 4 hours on a tuesday arvo (and they had a maccas on the bottom level of me tafe, but that's another story...), and for year 12 just give it some perspective and decide whether you can still maintain it.

Every situation is unique, and even if you opt to do it you can drop it at any point during the year.

were you at Ultimo, Blake? if so, then I know what teacher you're talking of and I know his policy on videos!