View Single Post
Old 19th November 2013, 06:20 PM

I then tried out the window tinting feature. There are 5 different settings. The photos didn’t really turn out that great. When on the fifth setting it is pretty dark, but the photo didn’t quite do it justice.

Wingview on the darkest setting

Awesome view

I then decided to have a look through the IFE. The size of the screen was good and I found it to be good quality, audio was also pretty good. Because this was the inaugural flight the IFE was free. Not sure whether this also applies for all domestic flights til December and then maybe people have to pay when it enters international service. I just watched an episode of Modern Family to give it a go. I had the flight map up the rest of the time. The flight map is under ‘Information’ and then ‘Voyager’ which I found quite strange. I believe it caused a bit of confusion with people not being able to find it. I had a look at all the options in the IFE and the range of movies, TV shows and music appeared to be quite good.

As I was searching through the IFE, the cabin crew came through with free lunch. I didn’t get to try it however because they skipped my row!!! Not a major drama though, just under a 2 hour flight so I wasn’t going to starve to death. Just a bit surprised considering it was a media packed flight so I would’ve thought they’d take extra care! Most of the media was in my section of the cabin too. 27B next to me was un-occupied and 27C was taken by a guy from the Herald Sun. He wrote a review on it, I’ll warn you now…..its rubbish! Haha

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/t...-1226759047178

Flight map, we cruised at 41000’

Preparing a story for the news, can’t remember if they were Channel 7 or 9. Its hilarious watching the media doing filming. It took this guy about 5 takes and he got so frustrated when he stuffed up.

I thought it was then time to have a wonder through the cabin! It was quite hard to do so though, there were quite a few people who had the same idea. There was also all the media up and about with their massive cameras.

Took this shot from the window at third door. That wing is incredible!

Galley at the second door

On descent

Can’t get over that wing, simply incredible!