View Single Post
Old 14th January 2014, 12:09 PM

Flight Map

Boarding appeared to be finished, but we stayed at the gate for about 10 minutes. The captain then came over P/A and said that there was a mechanical issue that required an engineer to look into. 10 minutes after that he said that the engineer could not find the problem and it would require further examining. Therefore they would not fly this aircraft tonight! He said that another B738 would arrive in half an hour at Gate 8 so we would move over to that one.

Quick interior shot as I hop off

Get well soon VZO

The delay would end up being about 2 hours, which didn’t bother me too much. My main concern was what rego I would now get! A quick search on FR24 and Flightaware and I found that I would be getting VH-XZG!! Nice! Very new aircraft with IFE and BSI!!

VH-XZG arrives from Melbourne

At about 8:30pm boarding was called!

Take 2!
January 12, 2014
Qantas
QF548
SYD-BNE
VH-XZG B738
Seat 7F

My view!

The pilot then came over the P/A and apologized for the delay. He then said that there was a problem! He then said it was nothing to do with the aircraft though! Because we had switched planes we had lost our catering. So the F/A’s had gone off to get a few carts of food! Haha so no major dramas.

Flight Map

We taxied out to RWY16L and took-off, made the usual steep left turn. We climbed up to 37000 feet and dinner was served which was pasta with Chicken. I just played around with the IFE during the flight. Soon we were descending into Brisbane and landing on RWY01, then a quick taxi to Gate 23.

XZG at the Gate

That was the end of yet another enjoyable Sydney Daytrip.

Conclusion:

Had two fantastic flights. QF8 was great as always and the new B738s are really nice! Spotting in Sydney was good, managed to log quite a few new regos which was good.

Next flights booked are for May/June, off to Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan! However I will most likely do a few more flights before then.

Thanks for reading!
Brandon