View Single Post
Old 7th April 2008, 04:10 PM

In My opinion in Australia

Tiger - Unsustainable Low Fares. Backed by Singapore Air, If it doesn't work or make money the pin could easily be pulled. Fighting for Terminal space and affordable airport costs.. A little rocky at the moment

JetStar - Low Cost slightly higher than tiger. Backed by Qantas (QF can offload flights & destinations etc to JQ. Also no great issue with airport space, just share/piggy back with QF)

Virgin
Blue - To me they seem a little lost... They are heading away from LCC more so to the Qantas end... They have ridiculous running costs and have just purchased less efficient aircraft the E-Jets, carrying less passengers... Kind of the old Ansett CRJ move.. Risky in 'my opinion'

Qantas - I hope that they keep pushing the fleet renewal, some of the QF jets are looking rather tacky and old. As far as maintenance issues, I think the media have blown it way out of proportion.

So basically 'in my opinion' I see in Australia Tiger is the most likely to depart, but I also am concerned for DJ... I mean toll are trying to sell it and even Branson doesn't want it back... He is very smart with his $$. High Costs.. They "Virgin" are sitting where Ansett was, the meat in the sandwich..

DJ > AN > QF whereas today its like TT,JQ > DJ > QF..
'which way do Virgin go?' they are heading QF's Way, and QF is slooowly ditching services and giving to JQ....

What does everyone else think?

Last edited by Greg F; 7th April 2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: I Know its in INTERNATIONAL Section, but I did AUST... Hope that's ok...