View Single Post
Old 7th October 2008, 06:29 PM

The Sydney - Newcastle option fixes a lot of issues.
Keeps Newcastle active even if there is a downturn in the commodoties market as the city is dependant on mining revenue.
Opens up all the possible commuter traffic that could benefit by delivering a fast link into Sydney Chatswood CBD and Mascot. This will also take traffic off the F3 but also have it in place if the rail link goes down.

It has a viable working rail link there now.
Newcastle is a door step to the Hunter Valley which is to open up a large business park in the next 15 years.
The list goes on ...
I think to recap , if governments need to solve the housing , airport , commuter, central coast , hunter transport issue , this is the most viable alternative that can be done with using existing infrastructure as a base to work from and upgrade from their.
I think you kill so many birds with one stone here that I am surprised that it still hasnt been done, I think the "build and they will come" approach will be the way to go.
Woy Woy , Gosford , Lisarow , Wyong , Tuggerah , and so on would be able to build their town centres to take the strain out of Sydney.