View Single Post
Old 28th November 2010, 08:24 AM

Grahame

By far these are my most favourite set of photos you've posted from YSBK. Please please please keep posting them! Please allow me some indulgence as most aircraft you've photographed evoke some great aviation memories for me!

I remember when VH-CWS did a flyover of Bankstown before its landing, as I was doing a pre-flight prior to a session of circuits. Raved about it here as well. Absolutely majestic and I sincerely thank the pilot for his initiative to do a flyover!

As for VH-SSV, I have to give full credit to this particular aircraft for very much sparking my enthusiasm and interest towards multi-engine turboprops. I remember sighting it a few years ago as it landed at Bankstown, and immediately it captured my imagination for all things Regional Airliner related. My scope and sphere for things aviation related was limited, and I thought this would be the largest aircraft that operates in Bankstown! Is it still operational or is it being sold off at the moment?

VH-TGI reminds me of my recent years living in the Riverina. Was driving out Temora/Cootamundra way along a road when out of the blue, one of these aircraft, flew right above the road cropdusting a field. I was absolutely blown away by how low and fast they flew, so pulled over, watching as this chap did a circuit to do the next row. At the end of the field a good km away, I could see a chap walking along the field, stopping, then waving this bright red flag to signal the aircraft to literally aim for him. Very captivating form of entertainment at the side of the road in the middle of know where and during a pleasant sunset summer evening How often does VH-TGI operate out of Bankstown?

Polair 1 (VH-PHW), this chopper frequently flies over my suburb, I assume doing some form of surveillance or something, occasionally, has a big spotlight on it

VH-SYV I've also been able to take a squiz at, and it has some very impressive equipment inside, which more importantly, I hope saves plenty of lives.

Once again, a great set of photos!