View Single Post
Old 6th March 2013, 12:19 PM

My flight was due to leave at 12:15 but due to the late arrival of the aircraft this time was pushed back to 12:45. Once I saw VH-VGI arrive I went down to my gate as I assumed I would be flying on her down to MEL, and I was right. Another new rego for me.

VH-VGI at my gate

Boarding commenced at about 12:30.

February 28, 2013
Jetstar
JQ589
SYD-MEL
VH-VGI A320
Seat 07F

Seat 7F

We taxied to RWY16R, and held for a while. The captain said that ATC were expected a strong wind change shortly so they would be switching from RWY34R/L ops to RWY16L/R ops. We were first in line so once the wind hit we would be off to Melbourne. After about a 10 minute wait we were on our way!

Holding short of RWY16R, with an Air China 777 and a BA 747 close by. Soon Air China will change back to A330s and BA will start to send B77Ws! We took off close to an hour late.

Cruising at 36000 feet

The flight passed pretty quickly. We landed on RWY16 and taxied to T1.

Sichuan Airlines Airbus A330-200 B-6518, the inaugural Sichuan service to MEL!

Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 9V-SKK

On our way to T1

We made up a little time in the air and ended up arriving at 1420. Only 30 minutes late. I picked up my bag and caught the sky bus into the city which takes 20 minutes. From Southern Cross Station it was about a 10 minute walk to my hotel.

Friday 1 March

On the Friday I went looking around Melbourne. I went to Docklands, Federation Square, up Eureka Tower and to the MCG, Melbourne Park and AAMI Park. Photos from the day can be found here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandon...7632923051541/

Saturday 2 March and Sunday 3 March

On the Saturday and Sunday I spent all day at the Air show. Photos from the Airshow can be found here.

Saturday 2 March
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandon...7632920660646/

Sunday 3 March
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandon...7632917079079/

Monday 4 March

Well after a fantastic time in Melbourne and at the Airshow it was time to head back to Brisbane. Got up at 4am, made sure I had everything packed and then walked to Southern Cross station. Got there a little earlier than planned, caught the 4:45am shuttle to the airport. Got to the airport just after 5am for the 7:15am flight, printed my boarding pass out and dropped my bag off before going through security to my gate. The flight would be departing through Gate 8, and VH-YFC was parked there. The first Virgin plane that received the new livery! And a new rego for me.

Melbourne Airport

Bondi Beach at Gate 8

I started to hear over the P/A that most flights to Sydney were delayed. So I checked the board at my gate and saw that my flight was due to leave around an hour late, all the delays were due to Sydney ATC. Since my flight was delayed I sat down at Gate 11 and got some photos.

VH-VBU waits for an available gate

VH-ZPR looking awesome in the morning light, she was off to Adelaide.