View Single Post
Old 17th October 2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
Seems service quality matters, with their luxary inflight service and reasonable time would attract more and more business and first class passengers to Emirates from Qantas or Air New Zealand.

Meanwhile I am just worried when EK rolls out their A380 service from Sydney to Auckland, whilst QF just using their old 747-400, even -300s would be competitve against EK's showers and bars on A380 First and Business class and they are selling just $1300 for first and around the same as QF for Business.

(Frankly, even QF uses A380 on SYD - AKL would still not attractive to F/J Commuters as QF's A380s don't have showers, bars and even fully private suites, no matter that is a single or double suites.)

I would advise QF to withdraw SYD - AKL next year with JetStar's A320/330 with StarClass instead, at comparable times when EK operates.
This sounds improving competitiveness for QF. Otherwise, it would be time for QF to slash the price for their F/J seats soon.
My brother-in-law was looking at Business class from MEL-AKL in April next year and QF are about $700 more than EK, not sure what Air NZ price is though.

QF were $1100+ one way compared to EK $800 one way that was inc taxes.