View Single Post
Old 31st March 2008, 09:25 PM

Yes well I am so annoyed at whoever decided to extend daylight saving time by one lousy week!! What difference is a week going to make to anyone or anything?? Besides confusing a lot of people this weekend (just gone).

Like many people probably, my Nokia mobile phone automatically reset to standard time on Sunday morning without me knowing and I had totally forgot that there had been a shift to the end of DST and didn't think that my phone would have made the early switch. I stayed the night at a friend's place and therefore had to rely on my mobile as an alarm clock and luckily I glanced over at the traditional wall clock and noticed a discrepancy with the time!

I went into a frenzy as to whether daylight savings had actually finished or not, had to Google what the time was because the computer's time may have been tricked as well, and then upon realising the actual time had to shower and get ready for work in the quickest time I've ever done, tear up the freeway, and fortunately was only 4 minutes late to preflight briefing with the other crew for my Townsville return.

I wasn't alone - apparently a number of other cabin crew including a few close friends of mine had also been caught out by the same thing earlier that morning and rocked up 1 hour late to their shifts, which with a -45 sign-on time would have possibly delayed aircraft departures!

Perhaps the government could have issued a release to the media reminding them of their pointless 1 week extension to DST so that the public could have been made aware of mobile phones or computers feeding them the wrong time?

Hehe, sorry, just a bit of a rant from someone who got bit on the a*** by this!