View Single Post
Old 20th June 2014, 06:27 PM

Malindo B739 taxiing out for departure. Funnily enough I photographed this aircraft one year ago at Boeing Field Seattle just before she was delivered!

Air Asia X A343 9M-XAB

Air Asia X A333 9M-XAA

We parked at the gate about 20 minutes behind schedule. We made our way off the plane and down to customs.

Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA2):

Plenty of Air Asia A320s about!

Soon enough we made it to customs which didn’t take too long. We then collected our bags and tried to finds our way out! I didn’t like KLIA2 very much! Very crowded and hard to get through. We eventually caught a cab to our hotel. The Sama Sama next to the main terminal, it is a very nice hotel! We just relaxed there for the evening as we were off to Hong Kong the following day.

Kuala Lumpur Airport (Main Terminal):

We left the hotel at around 7am. The hotel offer transport to the main terminal by golf buggy which was good fun. It only takes 2 minutes to get from the hotel into the terminal. We made our way up to the departure area on level 5. The Malaysian Airlines check in area was very busy but it didn’t take too long for our turn. Got our boarding passes and dropped off the bags easily enough and then proceeded through customs and security. We had to catch the train to the main terminal which was quick and easy. Once there we just had a look around as we had a bit of time to spare before our flight.

Three Malaysian A333s next to each other!

KLIA!

Boeing 777-200ER 9M-MRQ would be taking us to Hong Kong! My first time on a B772!

Bangkok Air A319 HS-PPA

After looking around the terminal we went back to our gate just as boarding started. We proceeded through the second security check before making our way onto the aircraft.

May 26, 2014
Malaysian Airlines
MH72
KUL-HKG
9M-MRQ B772
Seat 12A
STD/ATD: 0915/0925
STA/ATA: 1305/1300
Flight Time: 3 hours 35 minutes

Onboard, parked next to Saudi B744 9M-MPD (ex. Malaysian)

We pushed back pretty much on schedule and taxied out to RWY32R for departure.

Passing the city

Above the clouds

Cruising along…

Food and drinks were soon handed out. I had the chicken and noodles, can’t remember what the other option was. It was very nice, however there was a chilli at the bottom and I didn’t realise until I ate it! Needless to say my mouth was on fire for the rest of the flight! Haha. The meal also came with fruit, yoghurt and a bread roll.

I just spent the flight enjoying the view. I couldn’t use the IFE as when I pulled out the remote from my armrest, the cord came out and I was unable to fix it. At least it wasn’t a very long flight.

Over Vietnam