View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 03:15 PM

Just arrived on RWY22

Turning into the gate

Parked at the gate

Boarding started pretty much as soon as everyone was off the plane. I was standing right next to the gate so when boarding was called I was first in line.

May 6, 2012
QantasLink
QF2535
LRE-BNE
VH-QOW DH8D
Seat 17A

QOW looking great in the afternoon light

First on-board!

In seat 17A

Leaving Longreach

We lined up on RWY04 and we were on our way to Brisbane, I didn’t bother with photos because I was facing the sun.

Turning to the right

The small town of Ilfracombe, there little airstrip can be seen at the top of the photo

Afternoon tea was served which were cheese and biscuits, wasabi peas and almonds and a little piece of dark chocolate with our choice of drinks.

There were some very nice views on our way to Brisbane and the afternoon light kept getting better and better.

Soon it went dark and the northern suburbs of Brisbane came into view. We got some great views of the lights as well as the super moon reflecting off the water which looked fantastic. We got a magnificent view of the city, we turned right around the city on a fairly long final approach into RWY01. We had a very bumpy touchdown and then taxied to our gate. It was quite far from the terminal so we were put on buses again. We arrived at the terminal about 20 minutes late.

QOW from the bus, she was heading up to Rockhampton that night

We picked up our bags which came off pretty quickly and then went to the pickup zone where my parents picked me up and Josh’s picked him up and that was the end of our Longreach weekend trip.

Conclusion:

Fantastic trip had a great time, QantasLink were good as usual. The hotel was nice and the Qantas museum was fantastic. There were lots of signs at Longreach Airport about a big expansion which is meant to start soon. It will include a new terminal with security, departures and arrivals lounges, baggage carousel and much more. There will also be a new aircraft apron connected to the current one. Also there are plans for a huge shade to go over the Qantas museum. Once this is done I will definitely head back up there!

No more trips for 3 months, going down to Newcastle for the day in early August. Down on a Virgin Fokker 100 and back up on a Jetstar A320.

Thanks for reading,
Brandon