View Single Post
Old 14th January 2016, 11:51 AM

The following is taken from a reply I posted in the Registration Requests - many of your comments resonate with my experience of the -300's that are yet to be refurbished (fortunately, the number is getting smaller !).

Sadly, the experience on a refurbished -200 was not really much of an improvement.

At the point of travel, I had not experienced the upgraded version, however, QPJ was tired and in need of a refit - service and meals were exceptional (brilliant team that delivered outstanding service across the board), however, IFE was appalling (needed to be reset about 7 times during the course of the flight) and general appearance was tawdry (seats marked and very scuffed, grotty - but clean - toilets and dodgy tray tables).

Return to Oz flight was QF42 from Jakarta and was excited to get a refurbished -200 (EBJ).

Sadly, having preceded that flight with several on Emirates A380/B777, the experience of the 330-200 was a real let-down. Cabin looks and feels great, however, the IFE (iPad) was dismal (of our group of 4, we needed to reset no less than 4 times each, we used 7 units across the flight and even then, were not able to access the desired programs). Despite the fact the seat-back seems suited to a larger unit, the provided version was minute and not particularly conducive to easy viewing.

The saving grace was the crew who were exceptional (again) at servicing a pretty full flight. That said, the provided meals were an odd selection and they were delivered via a very small tray that was stacked high rather than one which could easily accommodate food and drinks.

Overall, I can honestly say service of both flights was of the highest order (better than Emirates), however, this was not even closely matched by the fit-out of either the tired QPJ nor the refurbished EBJ.

Would like to see QF take some tips from EK on IFE and cabin layout.