View Single Post
Old 6th January 2011, 07:01 AM

Default TRIP REPORT: Air New Zealand OOL-AKL-OOL (Photos + Video!)

After around 10 minutes of boarding, the doors were shut, the aircraft pushed back, the safety demonstration conducted (very funny!), the engines started, and the free pizza given out to every passenger. Just kidding about that last one. We started to taxi towards runway 23L.

Fire Rescue Training Aircraft Fuselage. Was Air New Zealand 767-200ER ZK-NBJ.

Domestic and International Terminals.

Managed to photograph this as we were lining up! Air New Zealand’s latest addition, 777-300ER ZK-OKM.

On takeoff roll.

Rotate!

Takeoff!

Over Manukau Harbour.

Airshow.

Flying through the clouds.

Turning over the western coast.

Looking over gorgeous beaches.

The takeoff run was very smooth, as well as the ascent. There was only minor turbulence whilst we were in that cloud, but when we got out of it, it was smooth sailing. Or flying, in this context. So I settled in my seat and decided to watch The Social Network. It was quite a good movie, and it was interesting to see how the Facebook we know today was created.

The Social Network.

Cruising over the Tasman - only scattered cloud.

Meals and complementary drinks were handed out around 40 minutes after takeoff. The options today were breakfast options; a chicken sausage with baked beans and scrambled eggs, with fruit, or a fruit salad bowl with yoghurt. Each meal came with a muffin. They ran out of the fruit salad bowl, but that didn’t worry me; I wanted the chicken sausage.

The meal: Chicken sausage with baked beans and scrambled eggs, with fruit and a muffin.

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)