View Single Post
Old 6th January 2011, 07:01 AM

Default TRIP REPORT: Air New Zealand OOL-AKL-OOL (Photos + Video!)

The food was quite good, although the baked beans could have been cooked a bit better. Apart from that, it was very tasty on the whole and filled my ravenous belly substantially!

I mainly spent the rest of the flight watching the movie, and also filling out the arrival card when it was handed out so there aren’t many cruise photos. But when we started to descend, I started taking some more photos.

Beginning to descend.

Complimentary hard candies were handed out around this time. The Captain came onto the PA and said that the weather around OOL was fine, with ENE breezes and that we would be at the gate 15 minutes early. We quickly descended for a visual approach to runway 14.

Airshow on IFE.

Descending under a layer of cloud.

IFE.

Big cloud!

Flying over a container ship.

Turning final near Surfers Paradise.

Watch video of landing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4v33Xslffg

Home at last! Parking at the gate.

The engines were switched off, and we disembarked via the rear stairs. The inbound screening took a while, partly due to the fact that the AirAsia X flight from KUL had just landed. Since we had to declare some items, we skipped the queue and all we had to do was let a cute beagle inspect our luggage for prohibited objects. We got out of the airport at around 10-ish and got a ride home with our neighbour.

In conclusion, my experience with Air New Zealand has been relatively good. My latest flight has probably been my best flight with them – IFE definitely helped make my flight more enjoyable. I would rate NZ937 as 9.5/10...if they did hand out pizzas, I’d give them a ten. :lol: What an awesome holiday! New Zealand truly is a wonderful place!

That ends my first trip report! Thankyou for reading this, if you managed to!

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)