View Single Post
Old 25th November 2022, 09:17 AM

Default Alan Joyce's controversial recent Social Media interview

While I will admit that this interview with Alan Joyce came about as a result of some 'ambush journalism' on the street, I want to bring the matter to your attention, as it doesn't seem to have been discussed or even noticed around here...

There is a Sydney-based social media identity who calls himself 'The Aussie Cossack'. His real name is Simeon Boikov. Although his activism and his political viewpoint does not appeal to all (he's very pro-Russia in the Ukraine conflict), he certainly got a reaction from Alan Joyce.

It seems the Aussie Cossack spotted Joyce walking along George Street near Martin Place in Sydney last week. Camera in hand, Cossack approached Joyce to question him about his handling of un-vaccinated Qantas staff and passengers.

(Qantas continues to maintain strict control over its passengers and staff when other airline have relaxed their protocols due to a perceived decline in COVID-19.)

Joyce obviously didn't appreciated being quizzed on the matter and let fly with a few F-Offs and P-Offs.

I was shocked to see Joyce talking so bluntly on camera. Here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_mfUQYEbE