View Single Post
Old 17th May 2008, 11:43 PM

Woohoo.....great night was had by all. I counted at least 20 board personalities there. One particularly exuberant fellow, who obviously got too excited by the evening's events, managed to tip a whole steak dinner on the floor, via his lap. Made a fine mess too!

He did redeem himself by eating the recovered food items from his lap and could not suppress the need to eat a whole thick juicy steak that was returned to the plate in accordance with the 10 second rule. Adam P, you my friend, are a Champion!

Some great stories were told, some great memories relived, a few beers downed and some serious baggings handed out - mostly to those lame peasants amongst you that couldn't be bothered to front up. A rather bodacious evening was had by all. Some bloke called Will turned up, claiming to fly aeroplanes and to being a moderator ( yeah right, try and keep your brag stories real - a pilot...mmm.........maybe, but a moderator too..........as if!

We even had a proper journalist come along from one of them books with words and coloured pictures of aeroplanes. He promised us a subscription for turning up if he could put our photos in the book! Nigel C was there too, but he became very argumentative when I told him that if he was a real airport professional he would have kept his opinions to himself. My nose didn't bleed for long after that! I really suspect he drives the dunny cart or something.

Granny was in fine form as always and as per usual managed to clearly exceed the booze to instant buffoon ratio. By the time stumps was called he was talking in a language that was last recorded by Dr Livingstone in darkest Africa in the 17th century. And despite what Granny often said about Amsy, Amsy still turned up anyways.

The low turn out from the newer members was disappointing, but that's your loss, not ours. As per every previous event we all had a great time. So next time make sure you make the effort to show.

Last edited by Mick M; 18th May 2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Added comment on lame no shows