View Single Post
Old 29th September 2009, 11:14 PM

Something similar for spotters was established in Melbourne more than 3 years ago and I signed up and paid my $20.

However, the ID card was never received as it had to be collected in person which made it a bit difficult as I live in Perth. I joined up as being an ex Melburnian I travel there several times a year so thought the ID card would be useful. No mention was made of the collection in person requirement at the outset so I asked for a refund and am still waiting (ie given up !).

But more importantly, the Aircraft Enthusiasts of W A (AEGWA) led the way with the ID card / Airport Watch idea for Perth airport way back in 1998 (long before 9/11) when I was a committee member. I still have the original ID card and Letter of Authority which were issued in 1998.

Spotters in other states sought AEGWA's assistance when setting up their own groups / airport watches but I'm unaware if any (other than perhaps in Melbourne) were ever established.

And Perth spotters and visiting aircraft enthusiasts could receive some very BIG news shortly.