View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.S View Post
Intersting feedback, thanks for your replies.

For a seperate flight, another question has arisen regarding flight changes:
I have booked a Qantas red E-deal, however would like to change my booking to the next scheduled flight departing an hour later.
Am I correct in reading that changing a flight booking online will result in a $50 fee?

If so, what is stopping me from cancelling the flight, getting the flight credit from that, then using the credit to book a 'new' flight.....thus avoiding the 'change of flight' fee ?
Here are the rules for a Red E-deal. Note in particular the bit where it says if you cancel you cannot use a credit for a canceled flight for a flight on the same day!

Also if you look at the fee's you will see it does indeed cost $50 to change but no fee to cancel

Booking Changes
Changes can be made online at qantas.com/yourbooking, otherwise call 13 13 13.
Exception: For changes to combined Qantas and Jetstar bookings, and to multi-cty bookings call 13 13 13.
Changes before the day of scheduled departure:
Your original fare may be used as credit towards a new fare of equal or higher value, provided the new fare conditions are met.
For changes made over the phone, you must pay the service fee applicable as at the date of change.
At the time of making the change you must pay:
the change fee applicable as at the date of the change
any fare difference between the fare for your new booking and the original fare.
Once your booking is made the current change fee and service fee can be viewed anytime at qantas.com/your booking
Your new booking must be for travel anywhere on the Qantas network within 12 months of the date that the original ticket was issued. However, you cannot re-book and travel on the same day.

Changes on the day of scheduled departure:
Not permitted. Loss of fare.
Name Changes Not permitted
Cancellations (including no show) Before the day of scheduled departure:

Re-booking - see 'Booking Changes' above.
Ticket value can be used towards a new booking for travel anywhere on the Qantas network within 12 months of the date that the original ticket was issued. However, you cannot re-book and travel on the same day.
Any credit is the Australian dollar price
No refund.
On the day of scheduled departure:
Not permitted. Loss of fare.

Last edited by Ash W; 31st May 2010 at 06:38 PM.