View Single Post
Old 26th November 2012, 10:00 PM

So to continue..the next part of my trip too me to Las Vegas.

Below is the video of my arrival into Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.

Overall Alaska Airlines was pretty good. Good & efficient service right through from check in to the service on board.

My next flight was from Las Vegas to Los Angeles with Southwest Airlines.
Aircraft was a Boeing 737-700 Rego N734SA.

Southwest Airlines has a first come first served system for allocation of seats. You can check in online the day before and choose your seat and get priority boarding. I unfortunately was enjoying my time in Vegas too much to even remember that i had to do this.

So i was one of the last passengers on to the plane and didnt even know what seat would be left for me. I was hoping for a window seat somewhere and actually managed to get one on the second last row at the back on the left side of the aircraft.

Unfortunately as the plane was taxiing for takeoff my battery died and do not have a video of the takeoff. The flight again was pretty smooth. Was just over an hour flight to Los Angeles. Southwest Airlines offer a complimentary drink and snack on board. But it was only a small cup of a drink of your choice. I chose Dr. Pepper. And the snack was pretzels or peanuts. Nothing spectacular. Service on board was smooth, just as good as Alaska Airlines.

Here is the video of my arrival into Los Angeles. Keep an eye out for the 2 Qantas birds.

Upon arrival, Southwest did take some time to get the baggage out onto the carousel. But no harm done.

Los Angeles was my last stop. Time to come home.

Date: 29 Sep12
Airline: Air Canada
Flight: AC555 Los Angeles to Vancouver.
Aircraft: E190 Rego: C-FHNV
Seat: 26A Left side window seat.
Scheduled Depature time: 3:10PM
Flight time:2hours & 25 mins.

I love the Embraers. They are such comfortable planes to fly on. I have never had a bad experience on one. Service on this flight was better than the 1st leg from Sydney to Vancouver. Although you had to pay for food if you wished to eat something.

We departed Los Angeles from runway 24L on a very steep climb over the ocean, before turning back around to fly over North LA. Below is the video of my departure form LAX.

Decent into Vancouver, late afternoon.

Video of arrival into YVR.

The last leg of the trip was on AC33 from Vancouver to Sydney scheduled for the same day.We arrived into Vancouver just before 6pm. Our flight to Sydney was not scheduled for depature until 11:40pm. Once again, Vancouver Airport resembled a ghost town. From Los Angeles we had checked our bags only to Vancouver so we had to go through the process of getting our passport stamped,collecting our luggage then re checking our luggage again for the Sydney leg.

The only problem we had was that because we were so early there was no check in counters open. Vancouver airport was a ghost town. Not to worry shortly after 7pm one attendant opened one check in counter and we were able to get rid of our luggage. We spent the remaining time in the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge. It was my first ever Airline lounge experience. To be honest i didnt really like it. Everyone is just too quiet.Too important to have a conversation, or you are scared to have a conversation with your fellow traveller in case people think you are rude.

We departed Vancouver right on midnight and arrived into Sydney 30 mins late. The flight home was awesome. The service on this flight was so much more organised than the Sydney-Vancouver leg, and due to the late departure time i was already tired. I managed to get a good 5 hours sleep on the way back which made the 15hour and 45min trip home go fast.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with Australia Quarantine spray. Had to wait on the plane for at least 30 mins before we could get off, which was the last thing you want after almost 16 hours flying.

Some other photos: