View Single Post
Old 25th August 2014, 11:28 PM

Brisbane Airport 20 August 2014
Arriving at the airport earlier than I really needed for my flight I made my way to check-in, at the desk I was informed (although I was already aware) that my flight had been delayed by approximately 90 minutes due to the aircraft running late out of Dallas, after a quick check that my connection was still ok I was handed my boarding passes and an express pass for immigration I was given directions to my lounge and sent on my way. Today I would be making my way home via Sydney on QF8 which I had upgraded to J using points on.

With the express pass I was through the immigration area in minutes and soon I was in the lounge, finding that I was the first one in the lounge that morning, my aircraft would be arriving from Dallas at 0620, just 10 minutes before scheduled departure from Sydney.

I found that the lounge here was lacking when compared to the other lounges I have visited on this trip, it's also rather small, I'd hate to be in here when it's busy!!

Boarding passes, now everyone knows my frequent flyer number :P I had originally selected seat 1A, however a through traveller from DFW had been seated there so I was now in 11A on the upper deck.

About 20mins before boarding was due to commence I decided I would leave the lounge and go for a walk about the terminal.

My ride to Sydney this morning, VH-OEG, my second time on her.

Before long the flight was called for boarding, but I wasn't getting on till I got a photo (however bad it may have been) of the aircraft about to park next to us which had just arrived back from Singapore.

Airbus A330-300 VH-QPA parking on the bay some 12 hours late after ferrying in from Singapore with a fresh coat of paint, first time I had seen an A333 in the new livery, although this is the second one.

Qantas Flight 8 20 August 2014
STD 0630 STA 0810
Aircraft: Boeing 747-438ER VH-OEG 'Parkes'
Seat: 11A

Once I had that picture I made my way straight to the gate using the priority boarding lane and heading straight down to the aircraft where I was welcomed onboard and directed upstairs where I was also welcomed onboard by another two flight attendants, pretty sure I was the last one for the top deck, with only 4 people upstairs today.

As soon as I was seated I was offered a pre-flight drink, today a choice of orange juice or water. Shortly after we were pushing back 90minutes late, making the long taxi down to runway 19 before blasting off, a very quick takeoff roll and a steady climb out.

OJ

Plenty of legroom as would be expected with a lie flat bed!

Once on the way the seatbelt sign was turned off and the flight attendants made their way through the cabin offering breakfast, today a choice of hot or cold, went for the hot brekky and wasn't disappointed, it was pretty tasty!

A nice big IFE screen in the sky bed.

Breakfast is served.

The flight today was pretty fast and before long we had begun out descent into Sydney heading for a 16R arrival. During the descent the cabin supervisor made his way through delivering arrivals cards and inbound express passes.

Top of descent

On the ground we taxied to the gate and quickly disembarked. Made my way down to passport control which was a very quick process for me and then down to baggage claim. Once down at baggage claim I discovered my bag had not made the carousel...lucky I was heading home, but when I approached baggage services I was told the bag had been found and would be on the carousel, bonus! I then made my way to the domestic transfer where I once again parted with my bag.
24/1/24 JQ724 (YXS)
26/1/24 QF1913 (UYY)
20/1/24 QF1451 (LQM)
19/1/24 QF1442 (QOR)
7/1/24 QF1530 (YQW)
7/1/24 JQ740 (YXQ)

Last edited by Zac M; 25th August 2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: broken image