View Single Post
Old 26th March 2008, 11:41 AM

They should have considered moving the domestic terminal to the southern side of the apron. At the moment getting into the airport is relatively easy, but the one main road going out is often congested during peak hours. I've seen it bank up all the way to the international terminal on a really bad day.

FYI, I'm currently using a shortcut to get out. You duck through the international terminal arrivals road which will get you out to the end of Qantas Drive where you need to turn left. At the end of Qantas Drive, you go left onto Lomandra Drive and then right onto Sugar Mill Road. Then turn right onto Kingsford Smith drive. You can then get onto the Gateway Motorway just before the bridge, or carry on and head into the city. This method is currently saving me heaps of time, but I am sure they will eventually realize people are using it and go and do something like block it off or put in extra lights. There were police directing traffic at the intersection of Sugar Mill Road and Kingsford Smith Drive a couple of nights last week.