View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 08:52 AM

Default Winter Holiday with Qantas

Hello and welcome to my first trip report in a very, very long time. The purpose of this trip is to enjoy my time off work somewhere not as cold as Canberra and I will be updating it as I go along. Some of the pictures featured in this report are from my phone (non-watermarked) and some on me EOS60D (watermarked).

Hope every one enjoys.

Routing:
This trip will take me from Canberra to Cairns via Sydney, and then to Brisbane again via Sydney before returning to Canberra, you guessed it, via Sydney. Final routing for the trip looks like this:

August 10 2014
Well today started a little earlier than planned, was hoping to be up at 5 but I was wide awake at 4....got to the airport at about 6am and after checking my bag in I made my way straight to the Qantas club prior to my 0715 flight to Sydney. Routing for the day was pretty straight forward:

Whilst in the club I enjoyed a quick brekky and browsed the net on the wifi, the Canberra lounge is not very busy at this time of the morning so I had plenty of space to myself.

After finishing my breakfast I decided to make my way down to the gate a bit early.

Qantaslink Flight 1464 10 August 2014
STD 0715 STA 0810
Aircraft: DHC-8-402Q VH-QOX 'Cradle Coast'
Seat 1A

QOX on the bay out of maintenance.

Boarding was delayed slightly due to CASA conducting drug testing, once underway the 53 passengers were quickly boarded and the door was closed just a few minutes behind schedule, a quick taxi for a Mike Intersection runway 35 departure before climbing up to 19000ft trekking via Bindook and O'Dale for a runway 34L arrival at Sydney.

Refreshment today was the standard breakfast box, accompanied by a coffee, very quick flight time today, cabin crew only just got the service out.

Close to cruise altitude

Plenty of legroom in 1A!!

Top of descent in the Bindook area.

No photos were taken during the departure or approach phases of this flight as I was in an exit row and obviously the mobile phone was off On arrival into Sydney there was a nice quick taxi to gate 16 where we disembarked right on time.

Leaving QOX behind.

And that folks is where I will leave this for the next few hours
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)