View Single Post
Old 28th November 2008, 04:55 PM

I understand that the article quoted is actually quoting an article in today's AFR. From reading the original article I would say that the Bloomberg article is perhaps taking the original quote out of context. I left the AFR on the plane, so I can't type it up (it was a full feature which included Joyce's view of the unions) but the article was saying that QF in the contract "could" cancel if the planes are significantly delayed and QF no longer needs the capacity. This appears to be a long way from the comments provided in the post which I think are just a misunderstanding based on the selective quoting by Bloomberg.

The AFR article said two things, one Joyce is taking a very close look at costs and two senior management have to be more active on speaking to and understanding staff on the front line and their issues and challenges. That it is not acceptable that the Union is left as the communication method between the company and staff.

On the 787 it appears first delivery is now going to be June/ July 2010 and at that time if QF doesn't need the capacity it does not have to take it, that is all the original article was saying.

I hope this additional info helps.